There can be many reasons why the refrigerant pipes are freezing up but the most common issue is low refrigerant levels. If your AC unit has ice buildup turn off the unit for at least 4 hours and call us at 416-410-0337
Home Efficiency Rebate Plus Program
What is the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program?
A-Plus Quality is excited to announce the new government rebate program geared to help homeowners make necessary upgrades to save on energy costs! The Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program is an initiative designed to help homeowners in Ontario save money on their energy bills by making energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. The program is available to residents across Greater Toronto Area, such as Vaughan, North York, East York, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Markham, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Barrie, and is intended to incentivize the adoption of more environmentally friendly home practices.
One of the primary goals of the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus Program is to encourage homeowners to reduce their carbon footprint. This is achieved through various measures such as the installation of heat pumps, water heaters, and thermostats. By upgrading to more energy-efficient systems, homeowners can reduce their energy consumption and lower their greenhouse gas emissions.
What does the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program Offer?
The HER+ Program offers rebates for a variety of home upgrades, including but not limited to:
Up to $7,800
Up to $125*
Up to $600
Up to $10,000
Full list of eligible retrofits can be found on the Enbridge Gas website.
Who Is Eligible for the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program?
The Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program is a great opportunity for eligible homeowners in Ontario to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes while also saving money on their energy bills. To participate in the HER+ Program, homeowners must meet certain eligibility criteria.
Qualifying homes include:
- Enbridge Gas customers who own and live in their home as a primary resident
- Enbridge Gas customers who own a home where they are not the primary resident, but have tenants
- Non-Enbridge Gas customers who do not heat their home with Enbridge Gas
- Off-grid communities not currently connected to the North American electrical grid nor to the piped natural gas network, living in a permanent or long-term (five years or more) settlement with at least 10 dwellings
- Owners in some low-rise and mixed-use properties
Homes that do not qualify for the HER+ Program include:
- Homes that are not the owners' primary residence and do not have an active Enbridge Gas account
- Multi-unit residential buildings (MURB) with more than 3 storeys or larger than 600 m2
- Homes built less than 6 months ago
- Mixed-use buildings that are less than 50% residential
How to Qualify for the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program
To participate in the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program, homeowners must follow a five-step process.
- Step 1: Contact A-Plus Quality to schedule an initial home energy assessment. A-Plus Quality, heating and cooling, will help guide you through this step. You’ll be connected with an advisor who will conduct an assessment of the home to identify areas where energy efficiency can be improved.
- Step 2: Receive report. Your energy advisor will provide you with a custom report with recommended upgrades that are eligible for rebates under the program.
- Step 3: Complete at least one eligible upgrade. Greater Toronto Area homeowner’s can choose which upgrade to undertake based on the recommendations provided by the advisor. The program offers rebates for a variety of upgrades, with the amount of the rebate depending on the specific upgrade.
- Step 4: Once the upgrade has been completed, the homeowner must schedule a follow-up home energy assessment. This assessment will evaluate the impact of the upgrade on the home's energy efficiency and determine if any additional upgrades are needed. The homeowner can schedule the follow-up assessment with the same Energy Advisor who conducted the initial assessment.
- Step 5: Finally, the homeowner will receive a rebate cheque, including up to $600 for the assessments. The rebate amount will depend on the specific upgrade that was completed and the total number of upgrades that were undertaken. The homeowner can use the rebate to offset the cost of the upgrade or to fund additional energy-efficient upgrades.
Qualifying Upgrades for the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program
Here are some of the qualifying upgrades for the that homeowners can take advantage of through the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program:
Homeowners can receive up to $600 for this assessment for the first step in the qualifying process: the initial home energy assessment.
Upgrading home insulation can improve comfort, reduce energy costs and prevent moisture damage. Attic, foundation, wall, and exposed floor insulation upgrades are eligible for up to $10,000 in rebates.
Air sealing can eliminate drafts, improve air quality, and save energy. Draft proofing upgrades are eligible for up to $1,300 in rebates.
High-performance windows and doors can prevent condensation and eliminate drafts. Homeowners can receive up to $325 for each eligible upgrade.
ENERGY STAR® certified hot water heat pumps use up to 70 percent less energy. Ground source, air source, and domestic hot water heat pumps qualify for up to $7,800 in rebates.
Smart thermostats can boost comfort and reduce costs by saving energy automatically. Eligible homeowners can receive up to $125* in rebates.
Generating your own power with solar panels can reduce dependence on the grid. Solar panels and batteries qualify for up to $5,000 in rebates.
Protecting your home from climate change events, such as fires and floods, is important. Homeowners can receive up to $1,625 in rebates for weatherproofing upgrades.
Homeowners can reduce their energy consumption and save money on their utility bills when opting for these high-impact upgrade options. The Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program provides homeowners with the financial support they need to make these important upgrades and create a more sustainable future for themselves and their communities.
HVAC Services in Greater Toronto Area for the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program
If you're a homeowner in Greater Toronto Area, York Region, Peel, Halton, Simcoe County, or neighboring regions, there's no better time to take advantage of the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program. By making energy-efficient upgrades to your home, you can reduce your energy bills and contribute to a more sustainable future. To get started, call A-Plus Quality today to apply for the Ontario Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) Program. Our team of experienced HVAC professionals can guide you through the application process and help you determine which upgrades are right for your home.